Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween


I loved the outfits my kids picked out this year for Halloween - one of the biggest reason was because they were all FREE.

Derrick wanted to be Luke Skywalker again and since he is slow at growing his costume form last year still fit. 


Owen wanted to be his most favorite super hero Iron man - he is obsessed with him. He even has an iron man toy that he got for his birthday that is hard plastic that he sleeps with most nights. We even let him watch the newest Iron man movie - does that make us bad parent? - He loved, loved, loved it and I am sure he would watch it every single day if we let him. Anyways, I mention to one of our neighbors what Owen wanted to be and she said that she had an Iron man costume that I could have...We got it about a week before Halloween and Owen put it on right away and I had to pry it off is body each night - I can honestly say he LOVES it!


Riley wanted to be Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I think her costume was my favorite because we used things we had lying around the house. She already had a pair of purple pants and brown boots - so we used those for her costume. She wanted a shirt that looked like a pirate shirt and I did not want to spend money on a pirate shirt that she would only wear once. She had a purple shirt that would work - the only problem is that Izzy's shirt is pink. I remembered I still has some pink dye left over from when we tie-dyed shirts. BINGO! So I dyed the shirt pink and it turned out perfect. I made Izzy's pouch of pixie dust with some white yarn and left over yellow fabric scrapes that I had. I think she made a pretty pink Izzy. Tons of people recognized who she was, which made her feel fabulous! 


No comments:

Post a Comment