Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sleeping Bags.

A couple of months ago Daniel brought home a (free) doll house for Riley. She loves it. Lately however, she has been stealing my small decorative pillows to use for her Barbie's bed. Which I kept found annoying every time I had to go into her room and fetch them! So I decided to make some little pillows for her Barbies, which turned into blankets, which turned into sleeping bags, which turned into a trip Walmart to buy more supplies to make a blanket/sleeping bag so that every single one of her barbies could have one!

Before she left for school (and my trip to Walmart), I had the pillows done, one of the blankets and a sleeping bag, which I gave to her.  By the time she got home from school I surprised her with everything else I had done - which included 4 more and 3 more blanket. It made her day and I loved taking the time to so something special for her. As soon as Daniel got home she pulled him into her room to show him.



I love doing little things like this for my kids. Most of the time it is something little that does not cost a lot of money. But, it always brings a smile to their face and makes them feel like a million buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment