Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Program


*I have 3 videos but they were taken on my iphone and for some reason they will not load on here.

The other Day was Derrick's 2nd Grade program - they second graders do a Halloween program! 
For the last month and a half we have listened to him sing nothing but Halloween songs. Riley and Owen even started signing along with him. He was so excited to go to his second grade program since last year he missed the 1st grade Christmas program because we were up in Idaho. 

About an two before we were suppose to leave we received a call from Daniel telling us that he was still working and that he would be an hour of two late getting home. Derrick was heart broken. So I packed up the kids in the car and went to the school myself - we came about 45 minutes early and their was already a line of second graders and their family waiting to get in! As we were standing in line waiting my phone rang and it was Daniel saying he was off work and to save him a spot and he would just meet us there. Derrick mood brightened up and we were ushered in and Derrick took his spot on the stage and I found us a set in the audience. Daniel showed up about 5 minutes before they started in his construction cloths - which sometimes are rather dirty. Riley took one look at him then whispered to me "Mom can Dad be here looking like that." Hahaha, I told her he could!

The program was so CUTE. Derrick saw me video taping and hammed it up for the camera. He knew every song and sang his little heart out. I am glad that we were able to go this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment