Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not a Creature Was Stirring.

Daniel texted me at 6:20 this morning. I laid in bed for about 5 minutes trying to go back to sleep. I finally decided it was useless and got up to start my day.

Derrick is usually up this early, followed close by Riley then Owen. My kids get up early because they usually go to bed by 7:00pm. Last night they went to bed late - I am talking 10:00pm folks! My point is, this morning was one of those rare occasions when my kids where still in bed, fast asleep dreaming of wonderful adventures. The house was so quiet. I went and looked at each on of my kids sleeping and my heart swelled with love. They are great kids, they get along, they help each other, they make each other laugh and they are friends.   



We have a playground right outside our condo, there is always a group of kids playing outside. Most days we join them, but on the days we don't my kids don't seem to mind - they are content being inside. They are content being with each other. I often hear them laughing together in their rooms. I hope that they will always get long and be friends.

It is now almost 7:30 and 2 of the 3 are up. My house is alive once more, I love it. I love hearing their voices each morning. I  hardly ever wake up in a bad mood. I will admit having that hour of silence was wonderful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment