Wednesday, January 19, 2011

FIVE

I am the mother of a FIVE year old!
It seems like just yesterday, when I was holding a tiny perfect bundle in my arms. Five years ago today, I became a MOM. I have loved being a Mom, especially to this rambunctious, energetic, to smart for his own good, loving little boy.
The first thing he said to me when he woke up this morning was, "MOM, I am five, now I can go to SCHOOL!". I had to remind him, that school for him will not start until the end of summer, which is more than six months away.
I have to admit I was a little selfish this year. As my friends were sending their four year old children to preschool, I was keeping mine home. I have loved snuggling with him this year and will be sad a little sad to have to send him to school when the time finally comes. I have also loved teaching him how to count, add, subtract, learn his letters, and their sounds. He is so smart, that at times I wonder why I am trying to teach him-HE ALREADY seems to know everything. The only thing he struggles with is what letter looks like what, and what sound some of them make. Hopefully we will have it down before he starts Kindergarten!

Here are some of my most favorite pictures of Derrick these past five fabulous years.

This I my ABSOLUTE favorite picture. It is Derrick at 18 months with one of his cousins. I love his dirty little face!

We can't forget last year when he got a hold of the hair clippers-I felt so bad shaving all of his hair off. He called himself the, "creepy boy", and cried for hour saying over and over, "my beautiful hair". I cried a little myself. PLUS it was the middle of winter, his poor little head.


He was SO DANG cute!!

Always trying to be like Dad. He he is waring one of Daniels Head Lamps.

This was taken about a week after Riley was born. His face is COVERED in Rocky Road Ice Cream-Umpqua Ice Cream- THE BEST EVER!


 I love his BIG, beautiful brown eyes.
 Playing in the snow in Vernal. This is THE only picture I got of him outside all winter long last year. We were sick almost the entire winter, and stuck in the house.

Playing out side. He is always ready with a smile as soon as I pull the camera out!

 He feel asleep, snuggle up to Riley who was snuggled in her car set. He loved he from the moment we brought her home.

 Derrick and his best bud Owen. He was SO excited to have a brother. He is ALWAYS helping me out with Owen. I feel so blessed that he is the older sibling. 

Derrick I have LOVE watching you grow and learn. I have loved being you Mom. You are always telling me how much you love me. You are a GREAT big brother always lending a helping hand to Riley and Owen. You have the BEST laugh. I am so proud of you. Although I hope the next five years go by slow, I can not wait to see you grow and learn even more. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father trusted me to raise you. I am so glad that you are mine forever!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy DeRrIcK!!
We LoVe YoU!


No comments:

Post a Comment