Monday, June 24, 2013

Slime


Happy Monday!

I am trying to have an activity planned for my kids to do everyday this week.  Let just say that I am ready for school to start and the fighting to stop! Hopefully these projects will help us get along a little better! 
First on our list was glow in the dark slime. 
Super easy to make. Also my kids had a blast and played with this all day long. 
 Here is how you make it if you're wondering!
•1 - 4oz container of clear Elmer's Glue 
 or the blue. I actully found some with glitter in it. 
•1 cup warm water
•Neon food coloring 
•2-3 teaspoon glow in the dark paint
•2 teaspoon borax
•1/3 cup warm water 
First mix together glue and 1 cup warm water. Next add food coloring and paint to mixture.
In a separate bowl add borax and 1/3 water.
Add 2 teaspoons at a time of borax mixture to glue mixture. Stir. Keep adding borax until it gets to a consistintsy that you like. - I added about 8 teaspoons.  I had to use my hands to mix the slim to get it to stick together by the end. Store in an plastic bag or airtight container. 


1 comment:

  1. Just watch it. When Emma was littler Alexis decided to make a hat with the goo on Emma's head and then panicked when the goo got stuck to her head. Goo on hair not good. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete