Monday, May 7, 2012

January

I am trying be a better blogger. I should go back to the end of August and start with Derrick's first day of school... I don't know where the camera is, plus I like blogging from my iPhone! So I am starting with the first of the year!

January meet us with Daniel getting 4 days off in a row. He had been working and staying out of town and it was nice to have him home. We stayed in our pj's watching movies and snuggling on the couch.

On the 9th I turned 30. I received a popcorn popper! I love being in my 30's. I finally feel grown up.

Derrick turned 6! His birthday is the day after mine. I make sure it is all about him ( has to stink having your Mom's birthday be so close to yours). I made a four layer cake all different colors, and he loved it. The weekend before we went to a closeout sale for a craft store and Daniel and him picked out a huge bag of balloons to put up for Derrick's party. When I went to blow them up all but three said, Get Well Soon!! He did not care. He is a pretty easy going kid most of the time.
6 facts about Derrick
6. Favorite Movie: Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
5. Favorite food: French Toast
4. Best friend: Ethan
3. Favorite Game: Battle Ship
2. Favorite school subject: Math
1. Favorite color: Orange

At the end if January Daniel stopped staying out of town. The company decided they needed to save money and all the guys from Utah could go home every night. He would get up at 4:00 leave at 5:00 to be to work by 7:00 ( hour and a half drive). Then he would work most nights until 8:00 and not be home until 10:00. Even being home every night the kids hardly saw him. It was hard. He was good to spend as much time with them when he could. On Fridays I would let them stay up and wait for him to get home. We also were called to teach in primary. Fun times

No comments:

Post a Comment