Monday, May 16, 2011

packing

I have been packing like crazy!! I hope it will help lift the load off Daniel, when he has to move everything by himself at the end of June. I started packing on Friday, and have 12 boxes so far. The living room is DONE.  The "laundry room" is DONE. I am just waiting for the dishwasher to get finished and then the kitchen will be done!UPDATE: Kitchen DONE! I also scrubbed the top of the cupboards today. I would not be surprised if the last time they were clean was when this place was first built. IT WAS DISGUSTING.  Next it is the bedrooms closets and the children's toys. I am hoping I will be done packing everything I want packed by tomorrow.

I actually do not mind packing. It helps me get rid of the junk that has been sitting in the cupboards, under beds and in the closets.

Owen has officially said his first word. RILEY. My Mom made the comment that her children's first words, were the words they heard the most. I however, think it is because she has him help her do her evil work.  I am always finding them in the middle of a big mess together! He loves the attention he receives from her and follows her around the apartment like a lost puppy dog. She does a good job sticking up for him too. Yesterday in primary, she stood in the middle of him and another little boy who was trying to steal his bottle.(Since me and Dan both are in nursery Owen has no other choice then to come with us.) She put her little hands on her hips and starred the kid down. The little boy walked away and Owen's bottle stayed safe in his chubby little hands! It was really cute and made me giggle.

Riley, cut her hair AGAIN. This time I am not going to try to fix it, just cover it up. Which I try doing by putting hair bands in her hair with giant flowers on them! If she takes them off she looks like she is losing patches of hair and going bald.  It seems she always does it before a big event... I am thinking she is never going to have beautiful long hair.  On a good note, She is almost ALL the way potty trained. She has went #2, in the toilet all last week and never in her pants! TMI, sorry. She did wet her pants a couple times, but it is because she does not want to stop what she is doing, so she waits until the, very.last.minute.

Derrick, is of course just "Derrick". The other day he made me laugh, and I told him he was so silly. He replied, "Well yeah! Heavenly Father made me this way. He knew I needed to make you giggle." Also, every night when he says his prayers, he will ask for Daddy to get the phone call.He is so sweet. Him and Daniel are such great buddies. He has already expressed a couple of times how much he is going to miss his Dad when we are in Oregon.  Makes my heart break a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment